Twitter

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Making Some Connections

Hello Again,

I finally feel like I am starting to make some progress. I have become a networking guru all of a sudden. I have been using Twitter and Facebook as a means to make contact with people in the fashion industry. Through tweeting to random people and using Facebook I have been able to talk with some people that are already in the fashion business. I spoke with an individual going to school for fashion this evening on the phone and she has agreed to do some sketches for us to be sent out to manufacturers to see about pricing. The best part of talking to this person is the fact that she is young and willing to do the sketches for free. I have learned that using all of the free resources you can get your hands on is a must since you will be spending an unreal amount of money on things such as getting the business license, getting a trademark, getting a domain name, paying someone to design your site (if you are an idiot with computers like me this is very necessary).

Due to the fact that I want to keep everything here within the US borders we will be spending a little bit more on manufacturing but I don't feel like that is a bad thing... If you read my first post you understand that I am trying to do everything against the grain here. I feel like I would be willing to pay an extra 2 or 3 dollars on a shirt if I knew it was made here in America as opposed to China like everything else. I hope that the customers agree. With our country in the shape that it is in I feel like the least I can do is try to keep my business here in the United States.

As I said before I really hope that this will be used as inspiration to someone out there... Thank you for your time and I will be posting more shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment